|Leader||Chancellor Thalia Errinwright|
The United Commonwealths of Laurel is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor Thalia Errinwright with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, zero percent divorce rate, and smutty television. The compassionate, devout population of 17.747 billion Laurelans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Londerholm. The average income tax rate is 68.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Laurelan economy, worth a remarkable 2,553 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 143,906 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low, and signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Laurel's national animal is the bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is deism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Laurel, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Following new legislation in Laurel, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Laurel, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Laurel, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Laurel was endorsed by The Commonwealth of San Carlos Islands.
- : Laurel was endorsed by The Republic of Knat.
- : Laurel voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Laurel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use".
- : Laurel endorsed The Federal Republic of The Sladerstan.
- : Laurel endorsed The Empire of Zygopolis.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Gagium, New Waldensia, Viridus, Juventini, Mietkael, West Phoenicia, New Inglaterra, My New-Germany, Thomastica, Wuwa, Furbish Islands, TheGoldCoast, Freethinkers, Prodstrazka, Alterrum, Eire-Alba, Imperial Garyville II, Imperial American Federation, Fluvannia, The COT Corporation, Scaffodin, Eldrado, Free-Venezuela, Aeternitatia, Licavoliton, Northern Great Republic, Worvator, DragonWings, Abundance and Cherries, The Greysonian Empire, Jeepan, Brightus, Lavenderina, Knat, and San Carlos Islands.