The Grand Empire of Laurarcor is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Viktor with an even hand, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, avant-garde cinema, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 15.569 billion Laurarcorians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria Plaz. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Laurarcorian economy, worth a remarkable 3,235 trillion Xcorvics a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 207,831 Xcorvics, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laurarcor's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Nixon Casteri.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laurarcor's influence in Wysteria rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Laurarcor relocated from Lazarus to Wysteria.
- : Laurarcor was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Laurarcor ceased to exist in Wysteria.
- : Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Laurarcor was endorsed by The United Region of Trinea.
- : Following new legislation in Laurarcor, gardeners must genetically test weeds for unique traits before digging them up.
- : Laurarcor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Laurarcor was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Matriarchy of Innato, curing 1 million infected.
- : Laurarcor was struck by a Mk IV (Pacifier) Cure Missile from The Holy Empire of Equus, curing 1 million infected.