The United States of Laudistan is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jonathan Laud with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 6.164 billion Laudistanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laudistan City. The average income tax rate is 74.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Laudistanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,200 trillion Laudistinians a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 194,776 Laudistinians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
High food prices have reduced the national diet to staple foods and water, life expectancies inside correctional facilities vastly exceed the national average, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, and Jonathan Laud is too busy listening to praise to get any work done. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laudistan's national animal is the Cardinal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Laudistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Laudistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens, Most Compassionate Citizens, and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Laudistan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Laudistan ceased to exist in Enadia.
- : Laudistan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.