|Leader||Consul Augustus Friedman|
|Faith||Freedom of religion|
The Republic of Latidonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Consul Augustus Friedman with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.483 billion Latidonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Latidonia. The average income tax rate is 69.6%.
The thriving Latidonian economy, worth 178 trillion Denars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 71,732 Denars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Board shorts have replaced board rooms, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Latidonia for fear of causing a fuss, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Latidonia's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Latidonia withdrew its endorsement from The Allied Provinces of Laeral.
- : Latidonia lost the endorsement of The Federation of Lauchenoiria.
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Latidonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Latidonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 9003".
Endorsements Received: 17 » Comhar, Trive 38, United New England, Laeral, Gardavasque, Libertas Omnium Maximus, Sunemia, Ponoxien, The Crimean Enclave, -Astoria, Grellania, Christos, Xiomera, South Pacific Republic, Slokais Islands, Assamland, and Aethelia.