|Leader||Consul Augustus Friedman|
|Faith||Freedom of religion|
The Republic of Latidonia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Consul Augustus Friedman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.658 billion Latidonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Latidonia. The average income tax rate is 75.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Latidonian economy, worth 303 trillion Denars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Soda Sales. Average income is 65,221 Denars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Latidonia for fear of causing a fuss, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Latidonia's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Latidonia was endorsed by The Empire of Grellania.
- : Latidonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Latidonia endorsed The Federation of Lauchenoiria.
- : Latidonia endorsed The Constitutional Republic of Ponoxien.
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Imkiville".
- : Latidonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Salvage Laws"".
- : Latidonia was endorsed by The Federation of Lauchenoiria.
- : Latidonia was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Ponoxien.
- : Latidonia endorsed The United Republic of Sunemia.
- : Latidonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.