|Leader||King Leonardo Creges|
The Wise Kingdom of Larifien is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Leonardo Creges with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, frequent executions, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The cynical, devout population of 1.353 billion Larifiens are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brarith. The average income tax rate is 41.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Larifien economy, worth 109 trillion Rutburds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 80,647 Rutburds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, anti-government web sites are springing up, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters, and King Leonardo Creges spends weekends doing the laundry of foreign leaders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Larifien's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Warnstinian.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Larifien was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Larifien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Larifien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Larifien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Data".
- : Larifien voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".
- : Larifien was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Hallow Empire.
- : Larifien endorsed The Republic of Peigan.
- : Larifien endorsed The Utopian People's Republic of Love and Nature.
- : Larifien was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Larifien was endorsed by The Renaissance of Solkaina.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Ransium, Chilledsville, Boar Stacks, Forgotten Beauty, Floroprus, Verdant Haven, Turbeaux, Canaltia, Uan aa Boa, Bilsa, Australis Terra, Ruinenlust, Dwardossa, Meropis, Ironic Remarks, The Southern Cascadian States, Edible Plywood, The Grene Knyght, Taco Respublic, Ownzone, New Ladavia, Blon Gre, Novian Republics, Feladria, Window Land, Frieden-und Freudenland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ziotah and Riverside, Entitize, Elundris, Kinganaryasia, Coranova, Rorston, Tauride, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Aeyen Valley, Banandonia, Eryndlynd, Cat-Herders United, Atsvea, Vanenia, Solkaina, and Hallow Empire.