The Federal Republic of Langub is a massive, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working population of 1.668 billion Langubians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 13.3%.
The Langubian economy, worth 89.3 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 53,512 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Contestants on Langub's Got Talent are screened by the government to make sure that they actually have talent. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Langub's national animal is the panther.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Langub's influence in Nihon rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Langub's influence in Nihon rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Langub's influence in Nihon rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Langub's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Langub altered its national flag.
- : Langub applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Langub relocated from Osiris to Nihon.
- : Langub was refounded in Osiris.
- : Langub ceased to exist in Nihon.
- : Langub's influence in Nihon rose from "Zero" to "Page".