|Leader||Emperor Vanness Impaisonn|
|Faith||freedom of religion|
The Imperium of Laneige is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Vanness Impaisonn with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and public floggings. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 13.322 billion Laneigeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hermes. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Laneigean economy, worth a remarkable 1,866 trillion Chens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 140,097 Chens, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
The morbidly obese often sell stock options on their own corpses, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, many marriages go virtually unconsummated, and the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Laneige's national animal is the Griever, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is freedom of religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laneige's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Laneige's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Laneige was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Laneige ceased to exist in Ellorea.
- : Laneige was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified and the Top 10% for Most Dead.
- : Laneige was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors and Most Zombies.
- : Laneige's influence in Ellorea rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Laneige's influence in Ellorea rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Laneige was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Laneige was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.