|Leader||Kaiser Ferdinand I|
The Kaiserreich of Landesmark is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Kaiser Ferdinand I with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.236 billion Germans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Berlin. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient German economy, worth 250 trillion Marks a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 112,228 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor, the government is reining in public spending, and a valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Landesmark's national animal is the Kaiseradler, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, a valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales'.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, the government is reining in public spending.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor.
- : Landesmark lodged a message on the The Global Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
- : Landesmark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The League of Conservative Nations".
- : Landesmark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, the government strictly regulates whale harvest quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes.
- : Following new legislation in Landesmark, high food prices have reduced the national diet to staple foods and water.