The Republic of Lanctre is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Curator Celise with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 792 million Lanctreans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calypso. The average income tax rate is 53.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lanctrean economy, worth 107 trillion Lyres a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 135,410 Lyres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, international tensions are high as Lanctre threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and gene-engineered sewerjacks don't smell but they do stink. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanctre's national animal is the Synth-Spider, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanctre was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Lanctre endorsed The Holy Inseparable Regalia of Castle Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, gene-engineered sewerjacks don't smell but they do stink.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, international tensions are high as Lanctre threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Lanctre was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Lanctre was endorsed by The Borderlands of North Altatude.
- : Following new legislation in Lanctre, a government program is underway to revitalize Lanctre's beaches.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Siwale, Sanjurika, Sinelona, Pallaith, Racoda, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, Frances Francis the First of France, Peldorn, Territorio di Nessuno, VarDrade, Saturns Edge, El Fiji Grande, Trillius, Yaorozu, Kwaj, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Omnistria, Sheldanada, Sunto, Black Templares, Egalico, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Plangainer, Corfad, North Bratislava, Shibutani, Uganda Knuckles UK, The Notorious Mad Jack, Newpromisedland, Koda-Land, Guer Aike, Bayern-Straubing, Kirostan, PlanetPunk, The Rhein States, Maott, Jasminlandia, Notyoutopia, Zokk, Dar es Saalam, National Goats, Ejhsa, Pleroma Sans Romans, Guslantis, New Pruessen, Steampunk Ariel, Federation Terra Australis, Fayyayid, and 54 others.Joodey, Sundred, Acrabinnia, THX1138, Holy Oranz, Tappan Hills, Unimaginable Doom, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kasazzastan, Napnomadia, Ibiscaton, Unsophisticate, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Spartoptia, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Buckerino, Shadowrik, Haor Chall, Seidr Wyrd, United Draconia, Liberum Mundi, Victoriaans Nederlands, Valhalla123, Apetopia, Lomjia, Rkainjel, Torakuen, Wineclaw, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, Aratani, New Bremerton, Pasargad, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Moubarakistan, General COE, Niradans, Thiammyalllaland, Vikingiarchy, Amauri, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Castle Federation, Loutsland, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Votak Matim, Test for a new hope, Conservadoria, North Altatude, and The Black Cathedral.