|Leader||King James II|
The Kingdom of Lancon is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King James II with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.831 billion Lanconians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Welfare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seasinted. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lanconian economy, worth a remarkable 1,116 trillion Trobanns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,578 Trobanns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lancon's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Monism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Lancon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Lancon endorsed The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Lancon was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry.
- : Following new legislation in Lancon, there's a lot of smoke from the nation's "green economy".
- : Lancon was endorsed by The Republic of Empotia.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Dragonian Alliance, Valerievna, Tethys 13, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Malphe II, Arkadia Universalis, The royal republic Of Lelle, Maxxlandia, Philosopy, Carthaginium, Xosharia, Great Baltic Empire, Arr, Northern Irish Freedom, The Grand Lockland Democratic Authority, Frinotonia, Solar Energy and Free States, Wayneactia, New Hala, Trilanian, New Justusia, Bayi, Knights of the Iron Solari, Wymondham, Imperialistic States of Howa, West Mattasia, Yeagania, Big Boyz, Ghost Of The Order, DeerField Cove, The Gelseen Hegemony, The Great Lechuga, Antonimus, Empotia, and Teothopia.