The Superior Goat Nation of Lanagon is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Kozel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 13.086 billion Lanagonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lanagonia. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The very strong Lanagonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,359 trillion gons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 103,914 gons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, international tensions are high as Lanagon threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, and dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lanagon's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lanagon endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lenkonia.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lenkonia.
- : Lanagon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lanagon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Lanagon endorsed The Commonwealth of Freed Animals.
- : Lanagon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Freed Animals.
- : Lanagon endorsed The East Pacific Delegate of Aelitia.
- : Lanagon was endorsed by The East Pacific Delegate of Aelitia.
- : Lanagon withdrew its endorsement from The Strange Theory of Loh of Aenglaland.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Todd McCloud, Blazing Samaritan, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, A Slanted Black Stripe, Southern Yugoslavia, The Romanum Legio, Amselheim, Kangarawa, Mundiferrum, Adolanta, Molzavar, Nabta Playa, Urimel, The United Territories of Providence, Picos, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Kingdom of Favus, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Newpromisedland, New Leganes, Moderate Utopia, GoldStreet, Norport, Surfidonia, Roissyland, Survivoristan, Aenglaland, Bhattacharyaland, Caltharus, Staynes, Ethalria, Propwash, Dudmun, Oceanic Peoples, Guj-Sec, Tripartite State, Ktox, Eruopia, Tenaltel, Envisa, Eloparatimi, East Malaysia, Lovratia, Robjtopia, Eagas, Nantinland, Asendavia, Aelitia, and 2 others.Freed Animals, and Lenkonia.