The Free Republic of Lamoni is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Andrew Stinson with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, pith helmet sales, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 31.211 billion Lamonians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Law & Order and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nephi. The average income tax rate is 15.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Lamonian economy, worth a remarkable 7,572 trillion Rushanas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 242,632 Rushanas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Foreigners with shady pasts are fleeing the country, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content, and school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lamoni's national animal is the Hawk, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lamoni, school children are expected to know the names of all seven hundred native tribes and their cultural practices.
- : Lamoni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Canterlot".
- : Lamoni was endorsed by The Realms of Yohannes.
- : Lamoni lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- : Lamoni lodged a message on the Nova Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Lamoni, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
- : Lamoni agreed to construct embassies between Greater Dienstad and Pacific Isles.
- : Lamoni agreed to construct embassies between Greater Dienstad and Regionless.
- : Lamoni rejected a request from The Union of Democracy for an embassy with Greater Dienstad.
- : Lamoni rejected a request from Region Mexicana Mundial for an embassy with Greater Dienstad.