The Federal Republic of Lammey is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by William Fremont with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, flagrant waste-dumping, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.447 billion Lammians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Law & Order and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jeffridge. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.7%.
The powerhouse Lammian economy, worth 167 trillion gold pieces a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 115,640 gold pieces, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 553,917 per year while the poor average 14,127, a ratio of 39.2 to 1.
Brazen mayors claim official expenses to pay for their drug habits, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and citizens are arrested for naturally producing proteins. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Lammey's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lammey was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Lammey's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lammey's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lammey's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lammey was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lammey ceased to exist in Texas.
- : Lammey was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, citizens are arrested for naturally producing proteins.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour.