The Federal Republic of Lammey is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by William Fremont with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.03 billion Lammians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jeffridge. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2.8%.
The thriving Lammian economy, worth 110 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Soda Sales, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 106,865 Dollars, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 589,230 per year while the poor average 9,806, a ratio of 60.1 to 1.
Politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, Elephant is one of the most popular forenames in Lammey, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops, and large areas of Lammey are not accessible by the public. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Lammey's national animal is the Elephant, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, large areas of Lammey are not accessible by the public.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, Elephant is one of the most popular forenames in Lammey.
- : Lammey endorsed The Equatorial Republic of Tishanda.
- : Lammey endorsed The Donaldson City Government of Lewisville Texas.
- : Lammey endorsed The Republic of JupiterInc.
- : Lammey voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate KAISERREICH"".
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Lammey, the government is outsourcing itself.
- : Lammey voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Excessive Data Retention Act".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Greater United Texas, Lichian, Gig em Aggies, Aholz, PatrickStar, Bexar County, South Aztlan, Seeker Alpha, Blandings and Fenwick, NewTexas, Fradisur, Safj, United States of Woodward, Studly Penguins, New Zealand, Shemiki, Tishanda, Indian Empire, and Lewisville Texas.