The Republic of Lament is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its closed borders, ban on automobiles, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 4.175 billion Lamentians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.9%.
The large but inefficient Lamentian economy, worth 204 trillion rupees a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Cheese Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 48,879 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, livestock mutilations are on the rise, and newspapers may not print any negative stories about the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lament's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lament's influence in Apulie rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Lament's influence in Apulie rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Lament resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Lament's influence in Apulie rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Lament relocated from Artificial Solar System to Apulie.
- : Lament was endorsed by The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 25.
- : Lament was endorsed by The Republic of Lunar Confederation.
- : Lament was endorsed by The Colony of Dino4.
- : Lament endorsed The Republic of Lunar Confederation.
- : Lament endorsed The Fenda of A time traveller 2.