The Grand Socialist Democracy of Laisou is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Arean'ii Alaku with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, feral children, and soft-spoken computers. The compassionate population of 1.288 billion Laisouans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arathi. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The all-consuming Laisouan economy, worth 114 trillion Lars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 88,674 Lars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Notable individuals are granted land and titles, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Refugia, and religious citizens are closely monitored for signs of self-harm. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laisou's national animal is the Arathian Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Katzeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Laisou endorsed The Queendom of Princess of the Void.
- : Following new legislation in Laisou, religious citizens are closely monitored for signs of self-harm.
- : Following new legislation in Laisou, the nation is known as the cheapskates of Refugia.
- : Following new legislation in Laisou, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Laisou, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Following new legislation in Laisou, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Laisou endorsed The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : Laisou was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Laisou was endorsed by The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : Laisou endorsed The Free Land of Spique Unia.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Junitaki-cho, Sylh Alanor, Chacapoya, Michelland, Melenavenia, Elenaraghaenaris, Cadenzana, New Filippe, Tre Bia Land, Narwhal, Tovenia, Nottinghaven, Liphia, Golden gateway, Araine, Charcuterie, Typica, Imbault, Rolliland, Ellamaa, Turtle Island Coalition, Sueloc, Lower French Gregballs, Vystrania, Fracoda, Valdonland, Parapollacis, Koayo, Bapaving, Ciumbuleuit-Bandung, The Star Enpire, Inaros OPA, Nether Budgerigar, Chill and Cool Vibes, Eroias, Dyllonia, Lethedral, Galluping Chestnut, Giant Redwoods, Ezopi, High Reiserland, Vikoland, and Feu de Glace.