The Confederacy of Ladeedada is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 207 million Ladeedadans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The strong Ladeedadan economy, worth 12.4 trillion Songs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 59,693 Songs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 198,680 per year while the poor average 13,364, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, citizens need a magnifying glass and color chart to distinguish between nearly identical brand labels, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, and former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ladeedada's national animal is the Mockingbird, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ladeedada's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Ladeedada relocated from The East Pacific to Shinka.
- : Ladeedada relocated from The West Pacific to The East Pacific.
- : Ladeedada relocated from The Russian Warlord States to The West Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Ladeedada, former customs officers are adjusting to their new lives as market stall traders.
- : Ladeedada was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
- : Ladeedada's influence in The Russian Warlord States rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Ladeedada, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Ladeedada's influence in The Russian Warlord States rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Ladeedada resigned from the World Assembly.