The Last Bastion of Civilization of Lacuna is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 18.652 billion Lacunians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lacuna City. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lacunan economy, worth a remarkable 2,655 trillion Naughts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 142,354 Naughts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Planespotters are emigrating in droves, recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests, and the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller. Crime is totally unknown. Lacuna's national animal is the Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Batona.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The United Nations of Eppur.
- : Lacuna was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Stroulia.
- : Lacuna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Lacuna endorsed The Federal Republic of Stroulia.
- : Lacuna endorsed The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Lacuna endorsed The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, environmentalists are advocating slash-and-burn in the nation's forests.
- : Following new legislation in Lacuna, recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Iontan, Tzo, Spncrgmn, Anollasia, Blogotopia, Grungerock, Dustwind, Ironica Butterfly, Zeganas, Maalemzya, Wysrod, The Soylent Green Party, Karlando, Seantonia, Calachia, Ignis Cinere, Eist, The Snake Brotherhood, Vivolkha, Dovant, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Free Land of Rebellium, Libertaritaritaritaria, Isentran, Anisopterra, Yakkandiania, Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, The Republic of Osea, Ytvigshill, Medetas, Evertopia, Mastodonia, Namakan, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, Marxist Germany, Drewish, Zeklandia, United States of Island land, Pianaville, Makykay, Clialaad, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Pallas Athenaie, and 21 others.The Galactic American Imperium, Holma, S Mova Derat, Megistos, Carthegia, Lisokyo, Krystalveil, Ner Epiand, Wischland, Tierra de Platanos, Saint Islaw Wra, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Samonaemia, Silvedania, Alemputo, Dorab, Grimmywelsh, Stroulia, Eppur, and Batona.