The Presidential Republic of Lackadaisia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 968 million Lackadaisians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Industry, although Administration is also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cornall. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Lackadaisian economy, worth 125 trillion dailas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 129,562 dailas, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Leader's opponents have adopted dogs to chase away the mailman, the Department of Reduction of Bureaucratic Red Tape has set up a working committee to investigate its own excessive paperwork, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour, and Leader's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Lackadaisia's national animal is the alligator, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lackadaisia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lackadaisia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lackadaisia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Lackadaisia ceased to exist in The cage.
- : Lackadaisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Lackadaisia's influence in The cage rose from "Squire" to "Hermit".
- : Lackadaisia succeeded Equitian socialites as Governor of Equit Nexus.
- : Lackadaisia's influence in The cage rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Lackadaisia's influence in The cage rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : The Catholic-Orthodox Duchy of Sierra Grand removed Appearance and Polls authority from Lackadaisia as Gov-Emiritus in Equit.