|Leader||lord protecter joe|
The Clockwork republic of Labstoska is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by lord protecter joe with an iron fist, and notable for its aversion to nipples, parental licensing program, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.381 billion Labstoskans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of archeangel undercity. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Labstoskan economy, worth a remarkable 1,224 trillion Crowns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 146,135 Crowns, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget, government officials across Labstoska are being "encouraged" to adopt wolves to set an example for the populace, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments, and not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Labstoska's national animal is the wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Labstoska's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Labstoska's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Labstoska was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Labstoska's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Labstoska was refounded in Osiris.
- : Labstoska ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Labstoska's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Labstoska's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Labstoska's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Labstoska's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".