The Commonwealth of Labbos is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Dr Fear with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, state-planned economy, and disturbing lack of elderly people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.724 billion Labbosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradise City. The average income tax rate is 49.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Labbosian economy, worth 316 trillion unites a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Retail, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 183,862 unites, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The "fire department" is often called to remove offensive religious texts, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and royalist is the most offensive slur in the Labbosian language. Crime is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Labbos's national animal is the bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Set.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Labbos, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Labbosian language.
- : Labbos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Labbos was endorsed by The Theocracy of The holy Bidoof.
- : Following new legislation in Labbos, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Labbos, atheism is seen as a prerequisite for political power.
- : Following new legislation in Labbos, the "fire department" is often called to remove offensive religious texts.
- : Following new legislation in Labbos, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Labbos endorsed The Theocracy of The holy Bidoof.
- : Labbos endorsed The Neko Empire of Novos Romanos.
- : Labbos was endorsed by The Neko Empire of Novos Romanos.