The Incorporated States of La Rome is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working population of 807 million Romans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 12.3%.
The strong La Romean economy, worth 38.9 trillion Roman Aris a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 48,187 Roman Aris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. La Rome's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Rome relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Romeryan Empire.
- : La Rome relocated from The Romeryan Empire to The Rejected Realms.
- : La Rome was ejected from The Romeryan Empire by La Rome.
- : La Rome changed its national motto to "Inactive...".
- : La Rome altered its national flag.
- : La Rome's influence in The Romeryan Empire rose from "Power" to "Hermit".
- : La Rome's influence in The Romeryan Empire rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : La Rome's influence in The Romeryan Empire rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : La Rome's influence in The Romeryan Empire rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : La Rome's influence in The Romeryan Empire rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".