|Capital||Grand Navasse City|
The Grand Coalition of La Navasse is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Cassett Navasse with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.629 billion La Navasseans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Navasse City. The average income tax rate is 73.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient La Navassean economy, worth 781 trillion Denariis a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 138,807 Denariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
More money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, and the government is avowedly secular. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. La Navasse's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Meritism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Navasse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : La Navasse altered its national flag.
- : La Navasse changed its national faith to "Meritism" and its leader to "Cassett Navasse".
- : La Navasse was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : La Navasse was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : La Navasse resigned from the World Assembly.
- : La Navasse's influence in The Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : La Navasse was endorsed by The Emeritus Augustus Pacificus of Pierconium.
- : La Navasse's influence in The Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : La Navasse's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".