|Capital||La Ciudad Dorada|
The Golden Republic of La Costa Dorada is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Santiago García with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.576 billion La Costa Doradans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of La Ciudad Dorada. The average income tax rate is 83.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Doradanian economy, worth 284 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 110,363 Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and meat-eating is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Costa Dorada's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, political talk shows often have children as guests whenever they need commentary on world religions.
- : La Costa Dorada was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in La Costa Dorada, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : La Costa Dorada endorsed The Queendom of Matdor.
- : La Costa Dorada endorsed The Eight United States of Zukchiva.
- : La Costa Dorada was endorsed by The Queendom of Matdor.
- : La Costa Dorada was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: 60 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Someseni, Endertopias, Bachtendekuppen, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, The Sacred Whale, Axdel, Aelitia, The Happian Union, Marrico, Davelands, Wiranath, Eagas, Ridann, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, Solarfall, Bullpups, The Angel of Charity, Fedele, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Talitoa, Pakitsk, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, VW53Aland, Roissyland, Libertanny, Escade, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Blobbo, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Commodore Badger, La xinga, and 10 others.Marrabuk, Avakael, Aleister, BNV, States of Carolina, Yemeni Locusts, East Malaysia, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, and Matdor.