|Animal||white magical rabbit|
The Queendom of La Ascension is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.86 billion Ascensios have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcangel Miguel. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 66.0%.
The strong La Ascensionian economy, worth 222 trillion gold coins a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 57,769 gold coins, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
La Ascensionian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, devotion to God is only skin-deep, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in the South Pacific, and moonshine has made a resurgence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Ascension's national animal is the white magical rabbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : La Ascension was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : La Ascension was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : La Ascension's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : La Ascension was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : La Ascension was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : La Ascension was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : La Ascension's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : La Ascension relocated from Osiris to The South Pacific.
- : La Ascension was refounded in Osiris.
- : La Ascension ceased to exist in The South Pacific.