The Sultanate of Kyrenaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sultana Razia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 12.226 billion Kyrenaians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Utica. The average income tax rate is 92.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kyrenaian economy, worth a remarkable 1,465 trillion Barqas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,891 Barqas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists call Kyrenaian beach towns "the fine coastline", the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', and in a fit of passion Sultana Razia has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kyrenaia's national animal is the Caracal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is secularized.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Kyrenaia's influence in Someplace rose from "Contender" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Best Weather and Most Efficient Economies.
- : Kyrenaia's influence in Someplace fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Kyrenaia's influence in Someplace rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Kyrenaia, in a fit of passion Sultana Razia has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions.
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Kyrenaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.