|Animal||Red-tailed Breakneck Falcon|
The United Kingdom of Kykid8 is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its daily referendums, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.159 billion Kylarians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Antopia. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Kykid8ian economy, worth 471 trillion Diernoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is 65,910 Diernoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms, there's a bright dawn ahead for Kykid8, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens, and the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Kykid8ian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kykid8's national animal is the Red-tailed Breakneck Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kykid8's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Kykid8 lodged a message on the Balder Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Kykid8, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Kykid8ian radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
- : Following new legislation in Kykid8, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens.
- : Kykid8 was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Kykid8 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Kykid8 relocated from Osiris to Balder.
- : Kykid8 altered its national flag.
- : Kykid8 was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kykid8 ceased to exist in Balder.