|Animal||spotted leopard of Steinbeck|
The Unified Entities of Kwesiland is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The President with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, prohibition of alcohol, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 3.026 billion Kwesilandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kwesiland City. The average income tax rate is 78.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Kwesilandian economy, worth 226 trillion Kwesis a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,944 Kwesis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade, farting etiquette is taught in schools, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, and there's no representation without taxation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kwesiland's national animal is the spotted leopard of Steinbeck, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Presbyterianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, there's no representation without taxation.
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized.
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, farting etiquette is taught in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, most believe it doesn't hurt to embrace free trade.
- : Kwesiland was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, the nation's school children are fluent in Klingon but lack basic mathematical skills.
- : Kwesiland's influence in The CCI Area fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Kwesiland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety.
- : Following new legislation in Kwesiland, the "blue screen of death" forces many trials to be either aborted or restarted.
Endorsements Received: None.