|Capital||Ba Sing Se|
The Earth Empire of Kuviran is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Kuvira with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, pith helmet sales, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.345 billion Imperials are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ba Sing Se. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Kuviran economy, worth 351 trillion gold pieces a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 150,028 gold pieces, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Political activists are routinely executed, the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime, heartwarming sentiments are even hotter now, and the serf suggestion box would work better if more serfs were literate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kuviran's national animal is the rhino, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kuviran's influence in Problematic Ideologies rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Kuviran relocated from The Pacific to Problematic Ideologies.
- : Kuviran founded the region Problematic Ideologies.
- : Following new legislation in Kuviran, the serf suggestion box would work better if more serfs were literate.
- : Following new legislation in Kuviran, heartwarming sentiments are even hotter now.
- : Following new legislation in Kuviran, the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime.
- : Following new legislation in Kuviran, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Kuviran, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Kuviran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Kuviran's influence in The Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".