The Principality of Kurona is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Himeko Hirohito with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, hatred of cheese, and compulsory gun ownership. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 16.284 billion Kuronans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sonomi. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Kuronan economy, worth 571 trillion kuromians a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 35,066 kuromians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kurona's national animal is the raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kurona's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kurona's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kurona's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kurona was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Primitive and the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Beautiful Environments, and Best Weather.
- : Kurona's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kurona altered its national flag.
- : Kurona was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kurona ceased to exist.
- : Kurona fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : Kurona fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.