The Republic of Kurnugia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Alunya with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 4.393 billion Kurnugians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jungle. The average income tax rate is 95.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Kurnugian economy, worth 966 trillion Yuan a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 220,012 Yuan, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams, meat-eating is frowned upon, and organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kurnugia's national animal is the Crane, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kurnugia changed its national motto to "Broken from the Start".
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, buses are widely regarded as the safest way to travel.
- : Kurnugia changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : Kurnugia altered its national flag.
- : Kurnugia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, mountains of VHS tapes of police actions are stacking up in the National Library.
- : Following new legislation in Kurnugia, the saying 'break a leg' is now taken literally.