The Republic of Kuravel is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its digital currency, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 200 million Kuravelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 73.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Kuravelian economy, worth 7.11 trillion kurathis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Retail. Average income is 35,526 kurathis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience, and high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kuravel's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kuravel's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kuravel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, the masses are surrendering their civil liberties without complaint for the sake of shopping convenience.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes.
- : Kuravel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Safest, Most Influential, and Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Following new legislation in Kuravel, workers have seized control of the economy.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Aenglaland, Tharissus, Aerilia, Buckerino, The Utopian Movement, South Grand Mountain, Vogonlandia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Yaorozu, Wodan, PlanetPunk, Sunto, Siwale, Stareogratia, Great Bights Mum, Corfad, Diodone, Inorganic Tomb Thing, WE Empire, Pakistan 001, Notyoutopia, Bayern-Straubing, Cloydicia, Universal State Formula, Rockym, Cuyan, Territorio di Nessuno, Coemgen, Thenaca, The Lancerian Empire, Coppicia, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Sailence, Ainsworth, Sanjurika, Kwaj, Victoriaans Nederlands, Kelvaros Prime, HMS Unicorn, Slaughterhouse Nine, Forunte, Anima Proxa, Phillywob, Zandir Antari, Velow, Reannia, Vegetarian States, Prevaland, and 11 others.Holy Oranz, Morrn, Wineclaw, Horsley Land, Bharathvarsh, Alice Gardens, Che Sana Und, Libotionia, Felhaven, McMasterdonia, and Midds Conia.