The Federal Republic of Kurabis is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.302 billion Kurabisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Parducze. The average income tax rate is 55.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kurabi economy, worth 207 trillion Kurabisian crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,938 Kurabisian crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, dining out often involves hamsters on the plate no matter what you order, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls, and dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kurabis's national animal is the hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kurabis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls.
- : Kurabis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Kurabis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Kurabis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kuriko".
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, dining out often involves hamsters on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Kurabis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Trade Rights"".
Endorsements Received: 104 » Cro Magnon, Mediobogdum, Bran Astor, IndyCar Racing, Fujai, BIteland, Giovanniland, Dilber, Diaconstipation, Constantinopolisia, Fuentana, Comia Noracon, Hamburg Neo, Zoran, The United Republic of Westend, Westwind, Wickedly evil people, Win Mints, Gryphonian Alliance, Crazy Waters, Kittenlicious, Arnic, Ostellan, Ferroia, Twisted Duality, Sirulinuck, Champaign, Wyndward, Condonohia, The Free States of Gotham, Pandaland III, Papercuts and Skittles, The Undivided, The United Tribes of Bantai, Pandaland II, Asrilel, Escapitania, Ahssn, Armis Maxima, The Muh Granis, Cumidava, Newfieisland, Pilonistan, Weyrland, Thevinia, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Atheist States of Philippines, Yaspica, Prokop, Mediocre Talents, and 54 others.Shining Needle Kingdom, Willow Gate, Ceden, Arvladma, Thyrall, Glorious Existence, Aldesport, Squornshelan Remnant States, Dao Ding, Pukkaa, Santos-Dominius, Shazey, New Caterse, Divinas, Befiehl, Twin Tiers Metropolis, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Immortea, Gracelantia, Ingentis Novus, Barcocoland, Kisovec, Pi Island, Archonina, Marshalia, The Era, Tyyyyysylvania, Biko Heljamge, Sindria, San Mazer, Organisation of North American Nations, Pepinooo, Itrusca, Eleftherios venizelos, Cities, Mathematania, SV Equinox, Avonna, Majuria, Dankinsted, Demetrian, Dalimbar, Davislanding, Iglot, Nusmia, Nieubasria, Cryland, Plankstein, Nilaro, The Rega, DiscGolfLand, Arostatzka, Paschalia, and Nagaraningrad.