The Republic of Kung Ture is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its flagrant waste-dumping, sprawling nuclear power plants, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 942 million Tureans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Administration and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Underground. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.4%.
The all-consuming Tureanic economy, worth 109 trillion Gold Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 115,866 Gold Marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 351,276 per year while the poor average 29,719, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
Women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, and Leader has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kung Ture's national animal is the Giant-Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Kingdom of New-El.
- : Kung Ture was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed and the Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, Leader has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the colors pink and purple are banned from military unit insignia.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Republic of Horsley Land.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Heerlijk Opperheerschappij of Victoriaans Nederlands.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Republic of Asuroka.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Yaorozu, Pallaith, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Siwale, Valenair, Kwaj, Pleroma Sans Romans, Marsh Castle, Lupus Imperium, Tharissus, Frances Francis the First of France, Puczovska, Mercy Land, Shadowrik, Aldion, Notyoutopia, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Enosville, Holy Oranz, Southern Allican, Kaschovia, Reannia, Alice Gardens, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Coemgen, Sankami, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Ainsworth, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Lavanania, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Selfgradatude, Cleoskye, Diodone, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Sheppey, Plembobria, Forunte, and 59 others.Zemnaya Svoboda, Zedeya, Prevaland, Aenglaland, Beowulfe, AdyLand, Afriyie, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, The Utopian Movement, Buckerino, Ausmercia, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Clintonburge, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, Che Sana Und, Kahlistan, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, Stareogratia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Maestros haven, Zandir Antari, Amerian States, Republic of Dixie, Territorio di Nessuno, Vogonlandia, Pakistan 001, Tredano, Xentherida, Coppicia, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Cuyan, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Wodan, Thenaca, Sanjurika, Rockym, Deropia, Felhaven, Morrn, Yukkira, Asuroka, Victoriaans Nederlands, Horsley Land, and New-El.