The Republic of Kung Ture is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, flagrant waste-dumping, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.28 billion Tureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Healthcare, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Underground. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.8%.
The all-consuming Tureanic economy, worth 152 trillion Gold Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 119,410 Gold Marks, with the richest citizens earning 9.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government only announces the deaths of its members when it's convenient, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels, and children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife. Crime is a problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kung Ture's national animal is the Giant-Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Eglise Sainte Eve.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Confederacy of Socialist Cooperative Republics.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Free Land of Avornica.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Free Land of Bridgett.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The NPA Lieutenant of Malphe.
- : Kung Ture was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the government is spending millions on alternative clean-burning fuels.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the government only announces the deaths of its members when it's convenient.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Yaorozu, Pallaith, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Siwale, Valenair, Kwaj, Pleroma Sans Romans, Lupus Imperium, Tharissus, Frances Francis the First of France, Puczovska, Mercy Land, Shadowrik, Aldion, Notyoutopia, Enosville, Holy Oranz, Southern Allican, Kaschovia, Reannia, Alice Gardens, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Coemgen, Sankami, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Ainsworth, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Selfgradatude, Diodone, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Sheppey, Plembobria, Forunte, Zemnaya Svoboda, Zedeya, Prevaland, Aenglaland, and 65 others.AdyLand, Afriyie, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, The Utopian Movement, Buckerino, Ausmercia, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, Stareogratia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Maestros haven, Amerian States, Republic of Dixie, Territorio di Nessuno, Vogonlandia, Pakistan 001, Tredano, Xentherida, Coppicia, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Cuyan, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Wodan, Thenaca, Felhaven, Asuroka, Victoriaans Nederlands, Horsley Land, New-El, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Sanjurika, Merconitonitopia, Gospel Power, Inzland, Astal Aavors, ThE eNd oF eE, Bridgett, Avornica, Socialist Cooperative Republics, and Eglise Sainte Eve.