The Republic of Kung Ture is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.9 billion Tureans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Underground. The average income tax rate is 55.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Tureanic economy, worth 491 trillion Gold Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 126,065 Gold Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, the combined alert sound of a nation simultaneously receiving a text message is a common cause of hearing damage, incompetent former soldiers have been re-employed as incompetent cleaners and kitchen staff, and it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kung Ture's national animal is the Giant-Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Blessed Kingdom of Custadia.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Eru Ilúvatar of Fire and Ice of Captain Apollo.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The No more endorsements please of Aflana.
- : Kung Ture's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kung Ture was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Kung Ture's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Protectorate of Yamany.
- : Kung Ture was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Scani.
- : Kung Ture's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".