The Republic of Kung Ture is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.829 billion Tureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Underground. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.2%.
The all-consuming Tureanic economy, worth 225 trillion Gold Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 123,218 Gold Marks, with the richest citizens earning 9.0 times as much as the poorest.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, and the government-sponsored autobiography 'A Leader For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of Leader's supporters. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kung Ture's national animal is the Giant-Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Californian Redwood.
- : Kung Ture was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the government-sponsored autobiography 'A Leader For All Seasons' has only been bought by the most loyal of Leader's supporters.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Empty Void of Q w e r t y.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Free Land of Underground Techno.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
Endorsements Received: 114 » Yaorozu, Pallaith, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Siwale, Valenair, Kwaj, Pleroma Sans Romans, Tharissus, Frances Francis the First of France, Puczovska, Mercy Land, Shadowrik, Aldion, Notyoutopia, Enosville, Holy Oranz, Southern Allican, Alice Gardens, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Sankami, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Ainsworth, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Selfgradatude, Diodone, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Sheppey, Forunte, Zedeya, Prevaland, Afriyie, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, Buckerino, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, and 64 others.Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Republic of Dixie, Territorio di Nessuno, Pakistan 001, Tredano, Xentherida, Corfad, Cuyan, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Wodan, Thenaca, Victoriaans Nederlands, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Merconitonitopia, Astal Aavors, ThE eNd oF eE, Avornica, Eglise Sainte Eve, Illusia and Neverendia, Alsatian Island, Pop Prorp, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Ozstan, Ktyria, Morlanka, Atain, Canada GR, LaKronia, Pandessiand, Nueava Libertalia, Wesley Republic, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Freienland, Mordant99, Albacria, Benolia, SchoolHouse Rock, Sallanas, Shibutani, Guslantis, Underground Techno, Q w e r t y, and Californian Redwood.