The Republic of Kung Ture is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ubiquitous missile silos, and pith helmet sales. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 2.555 billion Tureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Underground. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Tureanic economy, worth 323 trillion Gold Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,777 Gold Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Getting milk from the local corner store no longer requires donning advanced hiking gear, the World Republic Games have been won again by Kung Ture as no other country cares enough to compete, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kung Ture's national animal is the Giant-Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Non violence Republic of I am the one who knocks.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the World Republic Games have been won again by Kung Ture as no other country cares enough to compete.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, getting milk from the local corner store no longer requires donning advanced hiking gear.
- : Following new legislation in Kung Ture, the nationalistic national anthem inspires citizens to literally spit at foreigners.
- : Kung Ture lost the endorsement of The Non violence Republic of I am the one who knocks.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Loh's Petrol Powered Kittens of Aenglaland.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Gooboistkoyt.
- : Kung Ture was endorsed by The Night-Watchman State of Rochester Black.
Endorsements Received: 121 » Yaorozu, Pallaith, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Siwale, Valenair, Kwaj, Pleroma Sans Romans, Tharissus, Frances Francis the First of France, Puczovska, Shadowrik, Aldion, Notyoutopia, Holy Oranz, Southern Allican, Alice Gardens, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Ainsworth, Friently, Shin-Hachioji, Wineclaw, Kingdom of Space, Selfgradatude, Diodone, American MapleStory, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Sheppey, Forunte, Prevaland, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, Buckerino, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, PlanetPunk, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Republic of Dixie, Territorio di Nessuno, Tredano, Xentherida, Corfad, and 71 others.Lionia, Beodarasc, Wodan, Victoriaans Nederlands, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Merconitonitopia, Avornica, Eglise Sainte Eve, Illusia and Neverendia, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Ozstan, Atain, Mordant99, Albacria, SchoolHouse Rock, Shibutani, Guslantis, Underground Techno, Q w e r t y, Californian Redwood, The Free Californian People, THX1138, Pizza Squared, Northern Glory, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Former English Colony, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Highton Islands, Polpelagos, Lake Flotillas, Eravonia, Kyrianian, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Shentia, Sacrento, The Gamer Party, Walist, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Deropia, New Seaview Cove, Suicidistan, Zeternia, Sundred, Varagog, Liberentis, United Draconia, Empy, SORT, Sahriastan, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, The United States of Romania, Maott, Dechire par la Guerre, Rochester Black, Gooboistkoyt, Aenglaland, and I am the one who knocks.