The Theocratic Technocracy of Kulgatha is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Vorn Hagen with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.887 billion Kulgathans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dorn. The average income tax rate is 82.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kulgathan economy, worth 201 trillion narathems a year, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,959 narathems, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kulgatha's national animal is the house centipede, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, government theft from poor artists to give to rich allies has been dubbed the "reverse Robin Hood" policy.
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security.
- : Kulgatha endorsed The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.
- : Kulgatha was endorsed by The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, gay couples have to travel to Brancaland to find a church that will actually let them wed.
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Kulgatha, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury.
- : Kulgatha voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Nazi Europa".
Endorsements Received: 123 » Pallaith, Yaorozu, Siwale, Notyoutopia, Alice Gardens, Sunto, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Frances Francis the First of France, Shadowrik, Mercy Land, Enosville, Helido, Holy Oranz, Southern Allican, Malta Comino Gozo, Omicron Persei V111, Sil Dorsett, Sankami, General COE, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Kingdom of Space, Vszeklina, Wineclaw, Zedeya, Selfgradatude, Diodone, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Sheppey, Yukti, Forunte, Prevaland, Yaris, Kelvaros Prime, Buckerino, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, Republic of Dixie, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, The Iron Lions, Che Sana Und, Aerilia, and 73 others.PlanetPunk, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Territorio di Nessuno, Pakistan 001, Tredano, Xentherida, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Lionia, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Beodarasc, Phillywob, Corfad, Wodan, Thenaca, Ainsworth, Victoriaans Nederlands, Puczovska, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, SillyString, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Hexago, Xinchao, Celebia, Merconitonitopia, Astal Aavors, Eglise Sainte Eve, Illusia and Neverendia, Alsatian Island, American MapleStory, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Ozstan, Ktyria, Kolorland, Morlanka, Vexilia, Canada GR, Atain, LaKronia, Pandessiand, Panama Coalition, Nueava Libertalia, The Windmilluminati, Wesley Republic, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Albacria, Ka Ching, Freienland, TerranulliuZ, Mordant99, Crazy Kongo, Thoets, Benolia, Q w e r t y, ABC, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Vyxia, ThE eNd oF eE, Sallanas, Shibutani, Guslantis, Underground Techno, FLARADESTRA, Californian Redwood, and THX1138.