The Draconian Monarchy of Kr0ssia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Princess Celeste with an iron fist, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.253 billion Krossats are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Esseda. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Krossic economy, worth a remarkable 1,248 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 172,172 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, and politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kr0ssia's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Dhravok Zenkitš.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kr0ssia's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kr0ssia altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, the practice of capital punishment proves divisive.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, wars of expansion are described as "peacekeeping operations".
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, the word 'elite' appears as a synonym for various insults in the Krossic Colonial Thesaurus.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Kr0ssia, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.