The Empire of Kowley is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Nikolaus Winter with a fair hand, and notable for its aversion to nipples, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.3 billion Kowleyians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nyklas City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kowleyian economy, worth 404 trillion Nyxes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 175,828 Nyxes, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue, editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning, and there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kowley's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kowley was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Prevaland.
- : Kowley was endorsed by The Empire of Ostrinios.
- : Following new legislation in Kowley, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Following new legislation in Kowley, editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning.
- : Following new legislation in Kowley, conscripts often volunteer for a second tour of duty so they can get a ticket to next year's Army Revue.
- : Following new legislation in Kowley, consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage.
- : Kowley endorsed The Lordship of Zanderslovya.
- : Kowley was endorsed by The Lordship of Zanderslovya.
- : Kowley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Kowley, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
Endorsements Received: 80 » StormRose, Holy Oranz, Yaorozu, Unsophisticate, Great Bights Mum, Siwale, Upper Portlandia, HMS Unicorn, Notyoutopia, Kaschovia, Mercy Land, Ovsterland, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Xentherida, Omicron Persei V111, Reannia, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Vazali, Sunto, Pallaith, Solestia, Alice Gardens, Lucedeia, Sil Dorsett, Southern Stroraia, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Vegetarian States, The Rossinite Empire, Kingdom of Space, Colony of lasting Hopes, Shadowrik, Gnate, Frances Francis the First of France, Kwaj, Enosville, Coemgen, Sankami, The United Germanic Folk, Southern Allican, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Vszeklina, Bharathvarsh, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, and 30 others.Faxfleet, Koda-Land, Spiritual Lyrical Individual Miracles, The Sanada Clan, Cristalina, Kobagia, Zedeya, Cleoskye, Rylam, Bikeni Jobia, Selfgradatude, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, The Archer Republic, Sheppey, WE Empire, Lamexanope, American MapleStory, Anima Proxa, Kizja, Religioncord, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Plembobria, Forunte, Zemnaya Svoboda, Zanderslovya, Ostrinios, and Prevaland.