The Intellectual State of KowalskiThePenguin is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kowalski with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 4.597 billion Kowalskians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 45.1%.
The strong KowalskiThePenguinian economy, worth 347 trillion Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 75,492 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The KowalskiThePenguin City Times is sold out, overweight people receive reparations checks from fast-food chains, and citizens are tied down and forced to watch educational videos on empathy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. KowalskiThePenguin's national animal is the Barbarian, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Penguinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : KowalskiThePenguin altered its national flag.
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : KowalskiThePenguin relocated from Lazarus to Lemony Snaket.
- : KowalskiThePenguin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : KowalskiThePenguin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : KowalskiThePenguin was refounded in Lazarus.