The Republic of Koussung is a large, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 94 million Koussings are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 51.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Koussing economy, worth 4.58 trillion gounouks a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 48,683 gounouks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Koussung's national animal is the kousint, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Koussung's influence in Selene rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Koussung's influence in Selene rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Koussung's influence in Selene rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Koussung was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector, Most Authoritarian, Most Conservative, and Most Ignorant Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Koussung relocated from The North Pacific to Selene.
- : Koussung changed its national demonym to "Koussing", its demonym adjective to "Koussing", and its motto to "Antu Pakdas".
- : Koussung altered its national flag.
- : Koussung was founded in The North Pacific.