|Leader||Sir Barynel Caeryn|
The Crown Union of Kouralia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Sir Barynel Caeryn with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.578 billion Kouralians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kurton. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kouralian economy, worth a remarkable 1,473 trillion KŠtſyas a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,321 KŠtſyas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands, and glue production is at an all-time high. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kouralia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Ăhrycreda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kouralia's influence in Mystria rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kouralia's influence in Mystria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kouralia's influence in Mystria rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Kouralia relocated from Balder to Mystria.
- : Kouralia altered its national flag.
- : Kouralia was refounded in Balder.
- : Kouralia ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Kouralia published "KourAges" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Kouralia's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".