|Leader||Sir Barynel Caeryn|
The Crown Union of Kouralia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sir Barynel Caeryn with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 16.984 billion Kouralians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kurton. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kouralian economy, worth a remarkable 1,261 trillion Ryals a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,257 Ryals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, the government maintains a Department of Skulduggery, breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, and the well-to-do in Balder are never on time for important appointments. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kouralia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is ∆hrycreda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kouralia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kouralia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kouralia was refounded in Balder.
- : Kouralia ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Kouralia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kouralia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education, Most Advanced Public Transport, Most Beautiful Environments, and Most World Assembly Endorsements.