|Leader||General Secretary Oksana Andronikov|
The Socialist Republic of Korskha is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by General Secretary Oksana Andronikov with an iron fist, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 7.835 billion Korskhovites are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korskhovia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Korskhovite economy, worth a remarkable 1,755 trillion Peoples' Rubles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an amazing 224,029 Peoples' Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arriving late for dinner is considered the height of selfishness, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korskha's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korskha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Korskha's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Korskha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Korskha's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Korskha's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Korskha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Korskha's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Korskha was refounded in Balder.
- : Korskha ceased to exist in Selene.
- : Korskha's influence in Selene rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".