The Socialist Republic of Korpar is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Karl Mannstahl with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 919 million Korparians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prospero. The average income tax rate is 58.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Korparian economy, worth 62.2 trillion Korparian Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 67,644 Korparian Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, Korparians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korpar's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, Korparians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, attendance of fathers at PTA meetings is at an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, refugees from other nations are flocking to Korpar's border.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Korpar altered its national flag.
- : Korpar endorsed The Commonwealth of Spyglassia.
- : Following new legislation in Korpar, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Ex Patrian SSR, Australian Peoples Republic, Menechistan, DDPexG, NamChoSun, Nordgardia, Vascodagamarica, Nicarberrolicka, Amalathia, Amosiac, Marting, Of Marxist Russian Republics, Socialist republic of Yugoslav, Reformed Angokazant, Whia Fra, and Neo-Frania.