|Leader||King Gideon Maxwell|
|Faith||the Royal Commission|
The Royal Union of Kordesia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Gideon Maxwell with an even hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, soft-spoken computers, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 3.619 billion indentured servants are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andiosa Castle. The average income tax rate is 86.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kordesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,125 trillion pennies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 311,046 pennies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
The best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, what happens in court stays in court, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and it's been a banner year for local vexillology. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kordesia's national animal is the Black hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is the Royal Commission.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kordesia, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Kordesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Following new legislation in Kordesia, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Kordesia, what happens in court stays in court.
- : Following new legislation in Kordesia, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop.
- : Kordesia lodged a message on the The Black Hawks Regional Message Board.
- : Kordesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Kordesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Kordesia, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Kordesia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry and Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Snat.