|Leader||King Kjartan II Starkar|
The Kingdom of Konungsland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Kjartan II Starkar with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.075 billion Konungslanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ůˇrrhall. The average income tax rate is 90.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Konungslandian economy, worth 188 trillion Kronnors a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,616 Kronnors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The sun now sets on the Konungslandian Empire, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Konungsland's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is ┴satr˙.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Konungsland, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Konungsland, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Following new legislation in Konungsland, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Konungsland's influence in Wintreath rose from "Nipper" to "Truckler".
- : Following new legislation in Konungsland, the sun now sets on the Konungslandian Empire.
- : Konungsland changed its national animal to "Wolf" and its motto to "Sic Semper Tyrannis".
- : Konungsland altered its national flag.
- : Konungsland relocated from Balder to Wintreath.
- : Konungsland was refounded in Balder.
- : Konungsland ceased to exist in Wintreath.