The Republic of Koneuwe is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 3.16 billion Koneuweans, 2.888 billion of whom are zombies, have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Public Transport, although Industry, Defense, and Education are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 7.1%.
The strong Koneuwean economy, worth 361 trillion Francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Furniture Restoration, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 36,950 Francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and cars are banned. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Koneuwe's national animal is the Chamois, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Koneuwe's influence in Lemony Snaket fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Koneuwe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombies.
- : Koneuwe's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Koneuwe's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Koneuwe's influence in Lemony Snaket rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Koneuwe relocated from Schleift Bjorn to Lemony Snaket.
- : Koneuwe was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Koneuwe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Koneuwe's influence in Schleift Bjorn rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Koneuwe's influence in Schleift Bjorn fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".