The Wooded Land of Konar is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bluie with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, free-roaming dinosaurs, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.307 billion Konarians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Emswe. The average income tax rate is 87.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Konarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,529 trillion chukas a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 135,233 chukas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, it can be a real jungle in a modern courtroom, and the police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Konar's national animal is the tersik, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Konar applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Konar resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Navsland.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Confederacy of Magna Banitia.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Federation of Liminyj.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Empire of Shinjuku tokyo 0.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Democratic Republic of Kohland.
- : Konar was endorsed by The Dominion of Outer Shenendoah.
- : Konar was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Brucklania.
- : Konar lost the endorsement of The Queendom of WeKnow.