|Leader||the Executive Committee|
The Community of Koiho is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Executive Committee with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 12.26 billion Koiho are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anastas. The average income tax rate is 86.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Koiho economy, worth 820 trillion rskonas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is 66,906 rskonas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Koiho has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, the Koiho Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', and on-duty Air Koiho flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Koiho's national animal is the river salmon, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Koiho was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Koiho was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Koiho was endorsed by The Praetorian Republic of Arcomo.
- : Koiho was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Koiho was endorsed by The All-Saints Paradise of Goncar.
- : Koiho was endorsed by The Democratic States of Mamad Land.
- : Koiho was endorsed by The United Mocale of New Ariesian.
- : The Sacred Confederal Union of Toonela granted Border Control authority to Koiho as Minister of Domestic Affairs in The Social Liberal Union.
- : Koiho was endorsed by The Community of Eksarcheia.
- : The Sacred Confederal Union of Toonela granted Communications authority and removed Border Control authority from Koiho as Minister of Domestic Affairs in The Social Liberal Union.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Drennicka, Toonela, Kanoria, Crindent, Ethics Committee, Anaaxes, Incredibilis, Astranomia, Hiville, Courelli, Buxolia, Eksarcheia, New Ariesian, Mamad Land, Goncar, and Arcomo.