The Protectorate of Kochi is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.531 billion Parhasques live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Welfare, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaoma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.4%.
The powerhouse Kochian economy, worth 654 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 62,168 Parhean Tongboes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 390,520 per year while the poor average 4,175, a ratio of 93.5 to 1.
Religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Kochi's new capital, and airport security is provided by private companies. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Kochi's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kochi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Kochi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Kochi's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kochi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Kochi's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kochi's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kochi's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kochi's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kochi relocated from Penglai to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kochi was ejected from Penglai by The Protectorate of Parhe.