The Republic of Koayo is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 252 million Koayoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 75.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Koayoan economy, worth 9.12 trillion Koayoan pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 36,172 Koayoan pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry, voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low, and elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Koayo's national animal is the cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Koayo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Koayo was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Koayo was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Arastovas.
- : Koayo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Koayo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Koayo, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Koayo, voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low.
- : Following new legislation in Koayo, foreign leaders with unpaid parking tickets are often refused entry.
- : Following new legislation in Koayo, Leader's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Koayo, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Sylh Alanor, Araine, Imbault, Liphia, Republic of Central Darfur, Floofybit, Tovenia, Parapollacis, Sueloc, Laisou, Indimu, Golden gateway, Typica, Turtle Island Coalition, Nottinghaven, Ellamaa, Chacapoya, Cidaris, New Filippe, Kariforunia, Junitaki-cho, Cadenzana, Melenavenia, Valdonland, Lower French Gregballs, Vystrania, Elenaraghaenaris, Fracoda, Ideotopia, Bapaving, Narwhal, Tre Bia Land, Skanatavria, Pantala and Pyrrhia, Inaros OPA, Nekhuser-Ra, Eroias, Arastovas, and Refuge Isle.