The Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jan Willem Daatman with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, digital currency, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 29.146 billion Knootians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Industry, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hartstad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Knootian economy, worth an astonishing 14,389 trillion Atlantic Ducats a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 493,713 Atlantic Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up, citizens have never heard foreign radio, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, and no one knows how to tie a reef knot. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Knootoss's national animal is the guinea pig, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, no one knows how to tie a reef knot.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Knootoss was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Knootoss was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : Knootoss voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, businesses that prove successful are immediately broken up.
- : Knootoss was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Knootoss, Hartstad is a police state during international summits.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Southern Low Countries.