The Radical Federation of Klatonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Alexis Trudeau with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 7.487 billion Klatonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Defense, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 30.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Klatonian economy, worth 712 trillion klas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 95,131 klas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, for just a few extra klas Klatonians can get new driving records with their new cars, teenagers can't decide if they're more embarrassed by their parents or the country's leader, and prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Klatonia's national animal is the cheetah, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Klatonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Klatonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Klatonia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Klatonia was endorsed by The Vice Delegate of Le Libertia.
- : Klatonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Klatonia was endorsed by The Void of Precisely Nothing.
- : Klatonia endorsed The Seaside Republic of Primorye Oblast.
- : Klatonia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Klatonia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Klatonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.